Project Manager – APAI Design Group – Austin office
Alan Plummer Associates, Inc. (APAI) is looking for a Project Manager in our Austin, Texas office. The right candidate will be responsible for new business development, project financials and resource management as well as oversight of design document preparation for projects, including planning and design of treatment facilities, treatment evaluations, planning and design of pipelines and pump stations, and system planning studies.
Candidates with be considered based upon experience in:
- Conducting Business Development and networking activities, approximately 10%-15% of total effort, which cultivate new clients and secure existing clients.
- Effectively managing a multi-discipline team, along with sub-consultants, resulting in successful project completion and client satisfaction with emphasis on project quality, schedule, and budget
- Effectively managing multiple projects simultaneously and working with and contributing to a decentralized team located in multiple locations
- Sustained client service resulting in client’s recognition of quality with repeat business
- Produce high quality deliverables including drawings, calculations, specifications, and technical documents
- Participate in developing and continually evolving standards of practice with the goal of staff development, improved project delivery, and business growth
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to write and speak clearly on technical and design issues with language and style appropriate for a variety of audiences
- Ability to mentor and train staff
- Bachelor Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE) from an ABET accredited university, with emphasis in water and/or wastewater treatment or environmental engineering mandatory. Master of Science in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering is preferred, but may be balanced by experience.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) for at least 3 years and the ability to obtain PE license in the state of Texas within 6 months of being hired mandatory.
- 10 years of experience in water, wastewater, and/or reuse treatment design with emphasis on treatment processes and evaluations mandatory; 15 years preferred
- Valid Texas Driver License
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Submit your resume, and cover letter at Click here to apply