Engineer in Training – Water Treatment and Reuse
Are you an aspiring Project Engineer looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, talented, passionate team where initiative is rewarded? Alan Plummer Associates, Inc., an Environmental Engineering consulting firm celebrating its 37th anniversary, not only fits that bill, but offers far more.
We are seeking an Engineer in Training (E/S 2) to join our team in Fort Worth, Texas. The Engineer in Training (EIT) will support existing and future work in the water and wastewater utility markets. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with exceptional time management skills and a background in engineering fundamentals related to wastewater, drinking water, and reuse treatment technologies and processes; open-channel and pipe hydraulics; and technical writing.
- Assists Water and Reuse Treatment staff with review and evaluation of water quality data associated with water and reuse treatment projects
- Creates and analyzes hydraulic models
- Generates process calculations, evaluates treatment options, prepares drawings, specifications, cost estimates, and performs other related tasks on water, reuse, and wastewater treatment plant projects
- Communicates status, updates, and expectations to project stakeholders
- Utilizes and maintains internal and client proprietary project tracking software programs as required to ensure up-to-date and accurate client and internal reporting
- Organizes and prioritizes work flow in order to meet project time lines
- Presents project details to clients, team members, and professional organizations
- Microsoft Office high proficiency, including Excel, required
Personal Qualities Independent, self-directed worker; knows when to stop and ask questions; organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks; insatiable desire to continue learning; loves researching and solving complex problems. Must be efficiency minded seeking methods to improve and streamline processes. Fits in with company culture of integrity, kindness, service, and excellence.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type/Expected Work Hours
This is a full-time position, 40-45 hrs/wk. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional longer hours may be required as job duties demand, including evenings and/or weekend work.
No travel is expected for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Master’s Degree in Engineering with past coursework in hydraulics and wastewater/water treatment and design
- EIT certified or able to obtain EIT certification within 6 months of hire date
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be able to read, write and speak English at a professional level
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must be able to legally work in the United States without sponsorship
- Must have a valid driver’s license
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Ready, set go! Click here to apply