Project Manager – Wastewater Treatment – Fort Worth/Dallas, TX
The Project Manager reports to and works with the Group Leader to support our existing and future wastewater treatment, process and mechanical design projects. The person must have exceptional interpersonal skills as well as a firm understanding of the engineering fundamentals as they relate to preliminary and primary treatment, biological nutrient removal (BNR), solids treatment and odor control. This position calls for an experienced Project Manager and is responsible for the overall supervision of those projects which are assigned to him or her. The Project Manager develops the Project Management Plan that includes the scope, budget, schedule, and resources required to complete the project and to meet the profit target. This position also has a marketing component. The Project Manager is expected to spend 10-20 percent of the time meeting with clients, working on proposals and developing client relationships. Candidates with be considered based upon education and experience in:
- Performs project management of wastewater treatment-related projects, including planning, detail, design, and client and team coordination.
- Executes and delivers various engineering projects on time, on budget and to the performance expectations of the clients
- Works with Senior Managers in developing scopes of work and budgets for various projects
- Receives project assignments from the group leaders
- Participates in preparing proposals and presenting to clients
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with clients; Serves as the primary contact for the client during the project.
- Participates in preparation and negotiation of contractual agreements with clients
- Understands the requirements of the contract with the client
- Participates in selection of a project team
- Assigns projects tasks, budgets, and schedule to team members
- Answers questions and gives daily guidance to team
- Responsible for the accuracy and quality of all technical work
- Monitors project tasks to maintain budget, schedule and scope of work
- Requests and obtains approval before performing services outside scope of work
- Reviews invoices before distribution to client
- Assists in collection of past‐due accounts receivable
- Recognizes problems quickly and seeks advice from the group leaders
- Develops technical competence of project team members
- Responsible for written work submitted to the client
- Maintains contact with client during the project and after project completion
- Promotes use of and participates in the development of company design and production standards
- Maintains neat and orderly work area which will allow access to project information to other team members
- BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field from an ABET accredited university
- 10+ years total professional experience in the field, including 4-5 years full-time work experience as a project manager for wastewater treatment-type work such as wastewater treatment plant expansion, rehab and planning.
- Must be a licensed PE in the state of Texas
- Solid understanding of the engineering fundamentals related to wastewater treatment, process and mechanical design; Solid understanding of biological nutrient removal (BNR), solids treatment, and odor control
- Strong communication skills and experience specifically related to writing and presentations (e.g. internal, to clients, potential clients and professional service organizations
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Able to successfully brainstorm and plan with others by identifying, as a team, the best solution for the client
- Able to recognize when a project is in jeopardy, and able to take the needed steps to salvage the project budget, schedule and/or technology
- Valid Driver License
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Ready, set go! Click here to apply