Project Manager – Water Resources – Corpus Christi, TX
Are you an engineering project professional looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, talented, passionate team where initiative is rewarded? Alan Plummer Associates, Inc., an Environmental Engineering consulting firm celebrating its 37th anniversary, not only fits that bill, but offers far more.
Alan Plummer Associates, Inc. (APAI) is looking for a Project Manager to take an important role in the development of our new Corpus Christi office. The position will be based in the Corpus Christi office and will focus on supporting APAI’s expansion of services in the Corpus Christi and Coastal Bend area.
The right candidate will be responsible for management of projects that may include planning and design, treatment evaluations, and studies associated with water and wastewater conveyance infrastructure and treatment facilities. The primary goal is to support clients in the Corpus Christi area, but engineering design for projects in other APAI offices may be included as well. In addition, duties will include business development, project financials and resource management as well as oversight of design document preparation. The successful candidate will be all about client support and satisfaction, project quality, and professional integrity.
- Effectively manages multiple projects simultaneously
- Effectively manages multi-disciplinary project teams
- Efficiently produces high quality deliverables including drawings, calculations, specifications, and technical documents
- Achieves sustained client service resulting in client’s recognition of quality with repeat business
- Supports business development and networking activities in the Corpus Christi office to cultivate new clients and secure existing clients.
- Participates in developing and continually evolving standards of practice with the goal of staff development, improved project delivery, and business growth
- Works independently and exhibit strong organizational skills
- Communicates clearly on technical and design issues with language and style appropriate for a variety of audiences
- Mentors and trains staff
- This position is expected travel about 10%-15% of the time, including occasional extended overnight stays.
Position Type/Expected Work Hours
- This is a Full-Time, regular position that is classified as Exempt.
- Solid understanding of the engineering fundamentals related to planning and design, treatment evaluations, and studies associated with water and wastewater conveyance infrastructure and treatment facilities
- Strong business development and relationship-building skills
- Communication skills, specifically related to writing and presenting
While this position has no direct reports, it may function as a mentor to junior-level engineers and project professionals.
Collaborative, discerning individual; Excellent time management skills; Able to follow-up effectively; Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills; Fits in company culture of integrity, kindness, service and excellence.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering (BSCE) from an ABET accredited university, with emphasis in design of water and/or wastewater treatment and/or conveyance. Master of Science in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering is a plus.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) for at least 5 years. If not already licensed in Texas, must have the ability and willingness to obtain PE license in the state of Texas within 6 months of being hired (mandatory).
- Minimum 10 years of experience in water, wastewater, and/or reuse treatment design and/or conveyance design
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Valid Driver License
- Must be able to read, write and speak English at a professional level.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must be able to legally work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without sponsorship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Ready, set go! Click here to apply